Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Need a refresher in American Government...

So today I made it a goal to do my duty as an American and go out and vote! Maddux and I waited for forty-five minutes in the A-L line. When we got to the front, Drew was on the list but I wasn't! The nice lady kindly told me that I would need to go to the end of the "Provisional voting" line. I kindly said a few things under my breath, seeing that the line would take another 20 minutes...at least! So, I wait...then my sister Amber calls and she tells me that she is waiting for her husband to get home so she can go vote, "He can watch the kids while I vote...since he is registered as Independent and can't vote today". A light went off in my head...I am registered as an Independent! If only I had paid attention in Mr. Puga's Government class I would know that YOU CAN'T VOTE IN A PRIMARY ELECTION IF YOU ARE REGISTERED AS AN INDEPENDENT!!! So, an hour of my day...wasted! Yes...feel free to laugh! I am an idiot but I laughed my head off the whole way home! :)

5 comments:

Brandis said...

Oops! Well isn't your face red. :)I don't feel so bad about my 90 minute voting process now. :) I realized while I was there how boring the games on my cell phone are.

tiffany garfield said...

haha! Tarah that's awesome! Good old Mr. Puga. haha. I'm sure I would have done the same thing... I didn't, but that's just because I was having a good day. :) haha. Better Luck Next Time!

Stephanie said...

Go Mr. Puga!

Lauren said...

Didn't I tell you about the guy that was holding up my line while the ladies were trying to explain to him that since he was an independent he couldn't vote?

The Huish House said...

I ment to comment yesterday in addition to texting you...here you go...

Haha! Tarah, Tarah, Tarah. It was fun to see you though and my cute baby Maddux!