Monday, September 19, 2011

Powell

In August we met my parents and Kasey and Joel at Lake Powell for 4 days. We had a blast and 4 measly days was NOT enough time there. There were so many fun, hilarious, relaxing, and scary parts to this trip, there is no way I can document it all on the blog, but here's to trying...


Maddux and Bop Bop swimming. We all did a lot of this with the kids...
It has been a LONG time since Drew has wakeboarded or I have skied. If felt so good to be back at it again...
future wakeboarder...I hear, "um mommy, you come help me please?"Reese and Vander were such little buddies. It was so cute. Both lived in a diaper and they played all over the inside of the houseboat...It was so great to spend time together without work or school :) Family hike to Rainbow Bridge. When we got home, Maddux told Aunt Jessica that he got to walk to a rainbow! Reese exploring... (quite the outfit, eh?)
Brave little boy. I know this doesn't look high...but for a three year old, it was about 3 times his height. I seriously could NOT believe he loved doing this so much!
The slide was his absolute favorite part of the entire trip. It was also the scariest part of the trip. He was running from Uncle Joel and jumped onto the slide so fast that only one leg made it on and the rest of him was hanging off. He cartwheeled from the top of the houseboat to the water hitting the slide, poles, and the railing all on his way. We were SO lucky that everything hit on his life vest and his worst injury was a severely bitten tongue. It was one of my most terrifying mom moments. The mouse debacle of '11. We found one of these guys on the deck one night. Then we saw more on the deck. Then the suckers started figuring out how to get IN the houseboat. The boys had fun trying to outsmart the mice :)

1 comment:

Mike and Alecia said...

Oh my I am serioulsy so jealous. I absolutely love Lake Powell. My family used to go every year growing up but I haven't been there in who knows how long. This is motivating me to get back there. What a fun trip! Such a cute family!