Sunday, January 20, 2013

1 Month

With my other kids, I was really good about blogging each month about their happenings. I have to do a better job keeping up so I have a good record of Holden's first year too! So here we go!



We drove to Utah when he was 10 days old. The doctor had me come in for his 2 week appointment early since we would be gone. There was a little spot on his tummy by his belly button that I thought was a little bit of baby acne. Doctor decided to test it for MRSA but said it was probably nothing. NOT nothing. It was a staph infection     . I was freaking out since we were a 14 hour drive from home and the nurse basically terrified me about the situation. He was immediately put on antibiotics and we had to take his temp and check his body for more "blisters" during each diaper change for 10 days. He is well now and has been cleared by the docs.


I called again to ask about his spitting up and when I mentioned that he cries while nursing, the nurse said I needed to come in immediately. They checked him out again and decided it's just reflux. Poor kid is on Zantac now. At 4 weeks old, he has been on medications for 2 of those 4! Yuck!

*At 1 month, Holden is 8 pounds, 7 ounces. He is a little peanut, but he is growing!

*He is a total snuggler, he especially loves to lay on his daddy's chest.

*He loves to be held...all...the...time.

*He smiles occasionally, and I'm sure it's just the gassy baby smiles, but it's a cute smile, nonetheless.

*He is loved a LOT by everyone in this house. The kids fight over holding his hand, holding his feet, who gets to hold him first, etc. Reese is always  on top of him hugging him whether he is awake or asleep. Holden is not always a fan.

*He loves being swaddled. But if he isn't swaddled, his hands are up by his face.
 
 
 

No comments: